5 Things I've learnt in 2015

Although its only February and we have barely started 2015 I feel like this year has taught me a few things already. When you're establishing a business I think it's easy to feel bogged down by the enormity of the whole task and these are a few things I have learnt already that have stopped me going completely crazy in the studio by myself.


1.  Take time to get inspired.
I think it's easy to think that because you are in your studio, you need to be chained to the desk as if it were a 9-5 job but personally this drove me crazy. It's important to go out and see things to keep your inspiration flowing. Planning to odd day trip to see a great exhibition, some lovely design or even somewhere beautiful can be all it takes to keep you inspired and happy in the studio.

2. Don't compromise on quality.
I have found especially in the last few months whilst developing some products for my range things can be rather slow and frustrating whilst in the sampling stage but this is also something else that can't be rushed. It really is worth sticking to your standards in order to get the quality and finish you envisioned.

3. Stay organized.
I have always been fairly organised anyway but never have I valued the list pad so much in my life. I am a huge fan of lists but I think they too can get somewhat out of hand once you have about 30 on the go. But for me they certainly keep me focused on what I still have to do plus it's pretty satisfying ticking things off.

4. Keep focused.
I actually heard a great quote on Instagram relating to this "Don't trade what you want most for what you want right now". I found this particularly inspiring because I think it's easy to lose sight of the end goal when things get frustrating and if you're like me you want to see results faster. The truth is that everything does take time and it is actually worth taking that time in order to get the best results. 


5. Set realistic goals.
I think it's important to have something to work towards to keep you focused but equally there's no point setting an unreachable goal or a tight time frame with no leeway for mistakes or problems. Setting yourself targets such as where you want to be in a year can help because you actually have enough time to make those goals a reality and not drive yourself into an early grave.


I hope this has been helpful! I would love to hear how you all keep up your motivation in 2015? Please leave a comment below.